"To inspire the world to forecast correctly & empower it to tackle risk"
At nPlan, we develop machine learning algorithms that learn how previous construction projects performed, in order to accurately forecast the outcomes of current and future projects. At present, forecasting risk is a multi-trillion-dollar problem for the built (and to be built) world. We're empowering the construction industry to tackle the challenge of delayed projects differently, through the use of data.
Our purpose isn’t just related to our product, though.
We don't just have a purpose, we live our purpose.
Our purpose statement explains who we are, why we're here, and why the world (including you!) should care about us.
It guides how we interact with each other and heavily influences the way we work, which is underpinned by our three core values.
We set challenges to defy our skills, and work to implement the most efficient solution.
We care deeply and challenge directly by telling the truth, no matter how hard it is.
We always question our current knowledge in order to shape our future growth.
nPlan is solving an incredibly difficult and exciting problem, with huge potential impact. I wanted to be part of a company with ambition, drive and where I’d challenge my thinking every day
— Vahan, ML Engineer
I decided to join nPlan because it is a very innovative startup with an amazing team. I was intrigued by the challenge of working with a large amount of data in a direction that the world hasn’t really explored before. I was also looking for an opportunity where I could have real impact on the direction of the company and the overall success.
— Natalia, Data Scientist
I’ve felt the pain of writing schedules without reliable data and the frustration when it inevitably goes wrong. I want to work in an early-stage VC backed venture, to find a team that is a great fit and learn about AI, a role where I can have an impact at an organisational and industry level and nPlan offered me that.
— Toby, General Manager
• We offer generous paid maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave packages
• You automatically qualify for these once you've worked for us full-time for 13 weeks
• We'll give you opportunities to attend conferences, workshops and courses
• We have a well-stocked library and host weekly knowledge-sharing sessions
• The best team you could ever hope to work with!
• We buy everyone in the company lunch once a week (and always have a large supply of healthy(ish) snacks in the office!)
• We organise lots of great social events, from cocktail club to boardgames nights to our yearly retreat
• We're a member of the Cycle to Work scheme
• We offer Season Ticket loans
• We're situated right by Aldgate tube station: we're right in the heart of the city with great transport links
• We offer competitive salaries with regular reviews
• You'll be automatically enrolled in our company pension scheme
• Every permanent employee has equity in the company: we want you to share in our success
• We have a very generous holiday policy with no upper limit
• You're in charge of your time and your working hours. We have a few set, regular meetings we expect you to attend, but other than that we don't clock-watch at all.
• We support (and encourage!) flexible working.
• We offer comprehensive health insurance through Vitality
• This also includes an EAP (Employee Assistance Programme), which offers 24/7 confidential support and advice
• We'll give you a monthly fitness allowance, for whatever your chosen sport: gym membership, climbing walls, classes... up to you!
• Daily Headspace sessions
• If you'll be relocating for the role, we want to make the process as smooth as possible. We can offer advice and help and we'll even contribute towards your relocation costs
• We sponsor workplace Visas, should you require this
Our Machine Learning Paper Club began in 2018 and has since grown to a community of over 1,100 members.
We host a free weekly (remote) meetup on Thursday lunchtimes, where we discuss and keep up to date with the latest advances in Machine Learning. We present papers that are interesting to us, and we'll give you opportunities to present too.
Please click the Meetup link below to join our community!